Subsidies (for Individuals)
Put your financial worries aside when you learn at Exena. All Singaporeans aged 25 and above can use their S$500 SkillsFuture Credit on top of existing Government course subsidies to pay for a wide range of approved work skills-related courses. To learn more, please visit SkillsFuture Credit website to view the list of FAQs.
Take ownership of your lifelong learning and upskill yourself for a better future, today. Find out more about our courses which are eligible for SkillsFuture Credit:
SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES Scheme)
This scheme is for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above. Eligible individuals will receive higher subsidies of up to 90% of course fees (See Table 1.) SSG-supported courses with effect from 1 October 2015, and at least 90% of programme cost for MOE-subsidised full-time and part-time courses ranging from Nitec to postgraduate1 level in the following institutions for course semesters commencing from 1 July 2015.
SkillsFuture Qualification Award
The SkillsFuture Qualification Award, formerly known as the CET Qualification Award (CQA), aims to encourage workers to attain full qualifications, which equip them with comprehensive and robust sets of skills to perform their jobs competently, pursue career progression and explore new job opportunities.
Singapore Citizens who successfully complete and are awarded a WSQ Diploma/Specialist Diploma/Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma are eligible for a cash award of $1,000.
Singapore Citizens who successfully complete and are awarded a WSQ Certificate/Higher Certificate/Advanced Certificate are eligible for a cash award of $200.
Workfare Skills Support (WSS) scheme
WSS encourages low wage workers to undertake training that leads to more impactful employment outcomes.
Eligible individuals may receive:
– Training allowance for selected courses that individuals had paid for themselves
– A cash reward for completing training
To qualify, individual must meet the following criteria:
– Be a Singaporean citizen;
– Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons with Special Needs);
– Currently employed (include Self-Employed Persons who declare his/her Net Trade Income or work done in the preceding Work Year and made Medisave contributions.);
– Earns an average gross monthly income of not more than $2,300 for the past 12 months;
– Lives in a property with an annual value of less than $13,000 assessed as at 31 December of the preceding year;
– Owns less than two properties; and
– If married:
Together with spouse, own less than two properties; or
– Spouse’s assessable income for the preceding Year of Assessment is less than $70,000
Subsidies (For corporates)
Sending your employees for training shows a forward-looking company which places emphasis on their career and personal growth.
Tap on the following funding schemes to support your corporate training needs now!
Enhanced Training Support
Recognising the challenges that SMEs may face in sending their employees for training, the Enhanced Training Support for SMEs (ETSS) offers additional support for SMEs, including:
- Higher Course Fee Grant: SMEs enjoy SkillsFuture Funding of up to 90% of the course fees when they sponsor their employees to attend courses supported by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG)
- Enhanced Absentee Payroll (AP) Funding: SMEs may claim AP funding of 80% of basic hourly salary at a higher cap of $7.50 per hour, an increase over the normal cap of $4.50 per hour.
Absentee Payroll Funding
Absentee Payroll (AP) funding is a grant to help employers defray the manpower costs incurred when they send their employees for certifiable skills training during working hours.
For training conducted outside working hours, the grant is meant to alleviate the opportunity costs incurred by the employees. Hence, the funding is to be paid to the employees together with the mandatory top-up by the employer.
Productivity Solutions Grant (SkillsFuture Training Subsidy)
The Productivity Solutions Grant (SkillsFuture Training Subsidy) [PSG (SFTS)] is part of the enhanced Productivity Solutions Grant. Companies can tap on PSG (SFTS) to upskill your employees for productivity improvement and business transformation. The PSG (SFTS) covers 70% of out-of-pocket training expenses incurred by companies, and is capped at $10,000 per company. It is provided on top of existing government course fee subsidies, and in addition to the sector-specific grant cap for the PSG pre-scoped productivity solutions.