Communicate And Relate Effectively At The Workplace
Upon completion of this unit, the learner will be able to: Use effective communication techniques to interpret, clarify, analyze and respond to information received, Recognise workplace conflict, and Use effective negotiation skills to tackle conflicts for a win-win outcome, taking into consideration social and cultural differences.
Part I: Interpersonal Communication
1. Interpret and analyze information received.
2. Plan response to information received taking into account the social and cultural background of the recipient of information.
3. Use Appropriate Communication Techniques that Consider Social and Cultural Differences to Clarify and Respond to Information Received.
Part II: Recognise Conflict
4. Identify Signs, Stages and Causes of Conflict with Individuals or Groups of People.
5. Define the Conflict and Highlight Points of Differences / Contention Objectively, Taking into Consideration Social and Cultural Differences of Parties Involved.
Part III: Tackle Conflict Through Negotiation
6. Negotiate for Mutually Acceptable Solutions by All Parties using Effective Communication and Negotiation Skills.
7. Communicate Outcome of Negotiation and Propose Relevant Recommendations with Justifications to Supervisor. Bibliography Six Fundamental Patterns of Cultural Differences.
Share this course: